Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cultural Exchange




Seth and I finally finished our cultural exchange packets last week. It was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. We sent off 12 packages all over the world. We in turn will get 12 packages back. We already have gotten packages from Sweden, England, Mexico, Japan, Barbados, Malaysia and Australia. I haven't given them to Seth yet - he will get one each month in the "mail" and we will learn all about different cultures. Below is our (edited) letter from our package.

Dear Friend,

    My name is Seth and I am 5 years old. I live on the south east coast of the United States. I live with my Mom and Dad and I have a (half) brother and sister who are grown. I see them all of the time and they come over every Tuesday for dinner. I have a pet dog, a miniature dachshund named Pup-Pup. I am in Kindergarten and I go to a foreign language charter school. This is it’s first year and this is the first school of it’s kind in our state. I have lots of wonderful grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins and we see each other all of the time. We always have lots of fun.

    I love to do lots of fun stuff like jumping on my trampoline, swimming in my Mimi’s pool, making crafts, playing games on my ipod touch, helping my mom cook and going on fun outings with my playgroup. I have lots of fun toys. Some of my favorites are Legos (especially Star Wars Legos), Playmobil, Imaginext Batman and Build-a-Bear. I love to have family game night, family movie night and puzzle time. One of my favorite movies is called Alvin and the Chipmunks. My favorite game is Mouse Trap. My mom reads to me every night and this one of my favorite things. We read lots of books. I am learning to read now too. We just started doing chapter books and right now we are reading How to Train Your Dragon. My favorite book is Where the Wild Things Are. I also get to listen to an audio book as I fall asleep each night. Now, I am listening to Dot and the Kangaroo. 

    We love to take family trips. This summer we took a beach trip and a lake trip to. Some of the fun things we did on vacation were boating, fishing, visiting an alpaca farm, swimming, taking a day trip to Savannah, having a sand sculpture building contest, visiting a lighthouse and enjoying time with all of our family. There is always lots of smiles and laughter.

    I hope you enjoy your package. Inside you will find pictures, vacation post cards, a recipe for one of my favorite meals with a drawing I made for you, some US and state facts, a US flag, a birdie warble water whistle (just put a little water in the bottom and blow to hear pretty bird music), skittles - one of my favorite candies, a flag sticker, a Washington D.C travel guide, various travel brochures, some information about my school and some coins. I cannot wait to learn about you too.

                    Your Friend,
                     Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment