Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

I saw this on some other blogs and thought it looked fun!


1. Amy - My first name along with so many other girls born in the 70's.

2. Alan - My husband and son's middle name. Also, Mark and I both have first cousins with this name.

3. Articulate - Something I am not. I can formulate the thought perfectly in my head, but when I open my mouth it never quite sounds the way it did in my head.

4. American - I feel very fortunate and proud to be an American. Even though I don't always agree with everything the government does, I am so lucky to live in a country where that is ok.

5. Acid Reflux - The entire time I was pregnant with Seth, I had acid reflux. I probably used over a thousand tums while I was pregnant. He probably has incredibly strong bones since they're very high in calcium.

6. Adopted - Mark was adopted, but it absolutely feels no different than a "biological" family!

7. Arts and Crafts - I love to do arts and crafts with Seth or on my own. Some times they turn out great and sometimes they're just for fun.

8. Alma - My maternal grandmother. It is an unusual name and I remember the others I have met with that name - a bartender on a cruise I went on and a lady who works at Bruegger's Bagels. She died when I was in high school. I still treasure the afghans she crocheted for me. She made one for all of her grandchildren, except me - I got two! :)

9. Alma Mater - I still remember the words to both my high school (Socastee) and college (USC) alma maters. My high school's was to the tune of Greensleeves aka Oh Christmas Tree.

10. Alphabetize - Whenever I try to organize my book shelves I can never decide if it should be in alphabetical order, by size or by catergory. It usually ends up being a jumble of the three. Maybe I should adopt the Library of Congress system.

11. Allergies - When I was a child I was allergic to chocolate and citrus fruit but those went away around age 8. On Easter I always got white chocolate in my basket - which was no fun. Sometimes I would sneak chocolate and break out in a terrible, itchy rash. Now I have no allergies that I am aware of now.

12. American Idol - I am an American Idol junkie. I can't help it.

13. Anderson Cooper - I have had a crush on him since I was a teenager and he was on Channel One.

No comments:

Post a Comment