Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Magic Muck

I found this recipe in a book called The Ultimate Book of Kid Concoctions and Seth LOVED it! It was described as a mysterious concoction that turns from liquid to solid and back again. He played with it for a loooong time and was thoroughly engrossed. He kept singing, "Magical muck, magical muck..." I must admit I was fascinated with it as well. It was super easy to make too. We mad a huge mess while playing with it. It cleaned up pretty easily but we'll probably take it outside next time. I thought it would store like playdough...WRONG! I put it in a plastic container but when we pulled it out a few days later it was moldy. Yuck!





Here is how we made it:

  • Mix 1/3 cup of water and 5 drops of food coloring (optional - Seth's fingers were green for a day or so!) in a small bowl.
  • Slowly add 3/4 cup of corn starch to water but do not stir.
  • Let mixture stand for 2-3 minutes.
  • Play, play, play.

No comments:

Post a Comment