Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cooking With Chef Seth

I have recently started letting Seth help me when I am cooking and he loves it! So far we have made breakfast (bacon, eggs and biscuits), cinnamon crumb cake and pineapple casserole. He can lay out biscuits in a row, pour in ingredients, stir it around and around and, with help, crack an egg. (The other day Mark said in conversation that something would crack like an egg and Seth went running to the fridge saying, "Me do it." We caught up to him just in time to stop him from getting to the eggs!)
Seth is so proud of himself when he helps me and after every step he runs over to Mark and exclaims, "I did it Dad!" I love seeing the look on his face when he has a feeling of accomplishment. Although it will take some practice and planning to make it work, I think it is going to be a lot of fun and a great way for him to learn new skills and patience. Plus, I would much rather say, "Here, stir this." than "No, don't touch."

No comments:

Post a Comment