Monday, October 3, 2011

Congrats...five years later

I was going through a box of pictures and found the speech that I made - or attempted to make - at Dana and Domingo's wedding. It was five years ago in June and it's amazing to think of all of the things that have happened since then. Four babies for our family, the loss of Dad and Papa - a few sad times but lots more happy ones.

I only vaguely remember when Dana was born, but I have heard the story all of my life. Apparently, when I first peered into the nursery, I proclaimed, "She's just as cute as me!" When it was time to go I threw a temper tantrum, because I wanted to bring my baby sister home with me. A few days later they actually brought her home. What was I thinking? She cried, whined and took up all of Mom and Dad's time. So, I spent the next eighteen years trying to figure out how to send her back to where she came from. But somewhere along the way, Dana went from annoying little sister to best friend. Before I couldn't stand her tagging along, but now I can't imagine going more than a day or so without talking to her. I'm so happy that you and Domingo found each other. He is a wonderful person and I'm happy to now call him my brother. I wish the two of you all the happiness in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment