Sunday, June 3, 2012
An Apple for Teacher
1) Unwrap 2.5 packages of caramels and put in a pyrex bowl.
2) Insert cookie pop sticks into apples.
3) Melt caramel, stirring every 45 seconds, until thin and liquid. (About 3 min)
4) Cover apples in caramel.
5) Roll in mini M&Ms.
6) Allow to set on a pan covered with greased parchment paper.
7) Melt 1/2 package chocolate almond bark in double boiler. Add a little Crisco to thin.
8) Drizzle chocolate over apples.
9) Allow to set again.
10) Wipe down sticks with a damp cloth, because your kid got chocolate all over the sticks.
11) Place in treat bags. Keep one aside to sample. (You have to make sure they are good. Right?)
12) Close and attach homemade tags with sparkly pipe cleaners and curl around a pencil.
Seth loved handing these out at school and the teachers all seemed very impressed. They may not have been the most beautiful thing ever, but they had character and they were truly made with love by Seth.