Saturday, June 2, 2012

Nebraska

This week I traveled to Nebraska to attend the funeral of my drear friend T.J.'s dad. T.J. had called me the week before and told me that his dad had taken a turn for the worse, but we had no idea he's be gone that fast. As soon as I got the call that he had passed, I knew I'd be hopping on a plane. T.J. is one of those rare people that I know I can count on no matter what, a true friend, and I was glad I could be there for him during this time. From the first time I met Mr. & Mrs. Becker they have treated me like family. Mr. Becker was a wonderful man - charming , funny and kind - and I'm glad to have known him. He will be missed by many.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming Amy, you made such a difficult time a little more bearable. You know me so well and could tell the stress I was under. I needed an old friend there, and my Mom was so glad to see you. I remember years ago when we had to move me out of that town house because of that scum ball I was with; my dad always said from that day on how lucky I was to have a friend like you, who just pitched in and worked all day to get me out of there. Just think, my dad and your dad are probably having a drink together smiling down on us now, so proud of us both.

    ReplyDelete