Sunday, March 1, 2009

I don't want to forget....

all of the cute things Seth has been saying lately:

Seth has decided that he likes the old school cartoons. He is in love with Daphne from Scooby Doo. He got some Scooby Doo flash cards from Michelle and Heath for Christmas. He kept going back to the Daphne card and asking, "What her name?" This morning he brought me the phone and said, "Let's call Daphne." He was quite upset that we were unable to reach her. He also likes Tom and Jerry or as he calles it, Thomas and Jerry.

Seth says the opposite of what I have told him when he has been told no. A few examples: When he wanted a banana (his pronunciation is ba-dam-ba-dam) but we were out - "WE DO have some." When he wanted to go outside but I told him we couldn't because it was raining - "It not raining. I DO go outside."

We rub Seth's back as he goes to sleep. He must really like it because he often offers, "You want me rub you back?"

When we were at the park one day there was a homeless man with a full white beard. Seth was certain it was Santa. I told him, "See. He really does make sure you are being good all year long." I wish I had a picture of his wide eyed expression!

At bedtime, I read Seth a bedtime story (or two or three) and then he calls for Mark to tuck him in. "Oh Daddy!" If mark comes in before Seth calls, he gets upset and tells him to go back in to the den.

I get that Seth isn't a baby - he's a boy - but come on! We can't call him any of his many nicknames anymore. His response is always the same, "I not Buddy (or whatever he has been called). I boy." People would give us funny looks if we started calling him boy! Even if we tell him he's cute, sweet etc.. He replies, "I not cute. I boy." I just keep explaining that he can be both at the same time.



No comments:

Post a Comment