Friday, September 18, 2009

Help Wanted

I love that Seth enjoys helping with tasks around the house and is very interested in learning how to do things. For a while now he has been helping out with the laundry. He puts the clothes into the washer. After they have washed, I take each piece out and hand it to him to put in the dryer. He loves being lifted up to push the button to start the dryer or pour in the laundry soap. When the clothes are dry, he hands them to me piece by piece to hang up or fold.

The other day he asked, "Can you teach me how to put the hanger in?" I showed him one time and then handed him one of his shirts and a hanger, thinking that he would fumble with it for a minute or two. Imagine my surprise when he had it perfectly hung before I could even get to the next piece! He hung the rest of the shirts - child and adult sized - and was beaming. I love telling him how proud I am of him and seeing the pride in his smile. How quickly he learns is a bittersweet reminder of how short this precious time is.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I so have to get my boys to do that for me. I hate hanging up clothes. There is a giant stack in my closet right now.

    My boys love to clean the kitchen for me, but I don't know how much help they are?!?

    ReplyDelete