Friday, September 11, 2009

Never Forget


I cannot believe how quickly the time has passed since September 11, 2001. I can remember it as vividly as if it were yesterday. I can clearly recall getting ready for work and hearing the phone ring. When I answered, Jason - who was my roommate at the time and works for The State newspaper, sounded frantic as he told me to turn on the television. He tends to have a flair for the dramatic so I didn't know what to expect. What was I saw on the screen was more horriffic than anything I could ever imagine. Over the next few days as we sat glued to the TV watching the footage of the crumbling towers over and over and hearing the details emerge, I knew that our world would never be the same.

As Seth grows, I will teach him about 9-11. He will learn the tragic details that rocked the nation and the history behind it. I will also teach him about tolerance, patriotism, war, peace, freedom, human rights and uncertainty. He will learn to leave the world just a little bit better than the way he found it.

1 comment:

  1. I will do the same with my boys. Im like you, I remember everything as well. I was in college in the middle of a class. Our professor stopped and we turned on the TV, and all watched. I don't think we could believe what was going on.

    ReplyDelete