Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

Goodbye Sweet Carolina Watermelon......Hello Washington Apples....
This week marked the official beginning of fall - something I have been dreading. Gone are the sun-kissed days of playing in the sprinkler, splashing in the pool that's just barely cool enough to be refreshing, impromptu day trips to the beach just to feel the Atlantic wash up over your toes.... Only to be replaced with dreary cold weather and the hours of sunlight growing shorter by the day. Why, Mother Nature, must you be so cruel?

OK, I'm being completely melodramatic! I mean, I haven't played in a sprinkler all summer. Hose..yes, but not a sprinkler. And the temperature almost reached 90 today. It's not like Old Man Winter is knocking on the door. But I really do hate the impending time change. I always love the summertime and I just wrapped up the best summer ever. Seth is at such a fun age! I just hate to see it go. So, I guess I need to pump myself up for the crisp, cool autumn. After all, it's a pretty great season too. These are my favorite things about the fall:

1- Beautiful fall foliage of red, yellow and orange

2 - Tables and counter tops adorned with apples, tiny pumpkins, squash, Indian corn and other items from the fall bounty

3 - Something to cheer for - Go Cocks! Go Steelers!

4 - Halloween

5 - My Birthday - Well, I used to look forward to it.

6 - Less sweat

7 - The crunch of leaves under my feet

8 - Pine cone bird feeders

9 - Thanksgiving

10 - Snuggley sweatshirts and flannel pj's

11 - Watching the birds and squirrels prepare for winter

12- The tingle of excitement, knowing that Christmastime will soon be here.

13 - Still having a sense of wonder and awe about how the world works

No comments:

Post a Comment